Friday, August 7, 2009

Bargain hunter

I would definitely call myself a bargain hunter. I just hope I don't find myself at an addicts meeting one day saying, "My name is Stephanie, and I am addicted to bargain shopping". Anyway... I love to find good deals on things I actually need/want. I have made it my personal goal to try to only buy used on items like clothing, toys, etc. There are so many neat things to be found at thrift stores, garage sales, craigslist and the like.

Here are my finds for Baby A from garage sale shopping today:


All of this good stuff cost me $14.55. There are 3 dry erase marker learning books, 1 childs book, 1 set of blocks (for some reason I forgot to show that in the photo), 4 shapes puzzles, a plastic baggie full of play food, some sidewalk chalk, 4 cars, 9 partially used bottles of tempera paint (like what I used yesterday except totally washable), a paint brush holder with about a dozen brushes and last, but not least, 3 paint cups.

(For a point of reference, the tempera paint alone (from Lakeshore Learning) would total around $15 when bought new.)

I like finding good deals AND I like keeping perfectly useful stuff out of the landfill. Do you enjoy thrifty shopping or just find it to be a hassle? I'd like to hear what others think about this subject... just leave a comment.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I think you were a very smart shopper. The chunky,knobbed puzzles are usually fairly expensive. We used to have the book you found and it was, I believe, from Discovery Toys. None of their stuff is cheap. Why can't I find garage sales like that? My kids always find JUNK!!

vanna said...

wtg on the good deals...i would love to say i am a bargain shopper but alas i am too lazy!!
i am very good though at passing along my used goods to other families to enjoy it once we have used it!!