The mud & tape portion is complete. I will N-E-V-E-R voluntarily do that again.
Sanding the joint compound was terribly messy. Dust everywhere. But we seemed to do a decent job of containing it.
Let me reiterate, I will NEVER voluntarily do a project like this again!
Troy and my mom put some caulk along the gap between the new drywall and the existing ceiling. I'm glad for this tip from our neighbor. Otherwise we would have ended up scraping some of the ceiling and taping the gap. Then having to re-texture the ceiling.
We have also primed the walls and will be adding texture today...
It looks pretty good for non-professional work. Of course, we aren't done yet.
1 comment:
I think it looks great. And I love that picture of your little helper off to the side. I think you were not only brave to do it, but brave to do it with an almost two year old in the house with you.
Post a Comment