When we moved into our house over a year ago, we had big plans for it. We started out by painting the entire interior. That was my first experience painting and I was very naive about the whole process. I swore I'd never paint again... but I will be doing it again soon.
We have just begun our largest project. We are replacing the half wall that encloses the office (formerly LittleBigMan's room) with a full wall. This room will become the guest room. Yesterday we were able to completely remove the wall. It wasn't as bad as I had expected!
LittleBigMan helping Daddy remove the baseboard
Our little handyman
Tearing down the sheetrock... bye bye lovely paint job
No more half wall
And we are also removing the carpet so it can be replaced. We originally wanted to do wood flooring, but if you haven't noticed by other pictures it can get VERY COLD here. We need something a little warmer under foot.
We have also decided to replace some of the controls for our baseboard heaters. I don't think they were all working correctly. These are programmable and I'll be happy to wake up to a nice warm bedroom!
In the (hopefully not so distant) future, we will be tiling the bathrooms and kitchen. There was CARPET in all of those areas. I know it's warmer than tile, but carpet (in my opinion) should NEVER be in the bathrooms! More pictures to come as we continue on our Home 2010 Project: bringing our home out of the 80's and into the present day.

No comments:
Post a Comment