Saturday, January 30, 2010

Painting

We have texture on the walls!!!




And we have a base coat of paint on the walls!




Already in love with power tools...


We are going to be doing lots of painting this weekend.  Here are the paint colors we'll be using:

The red is called Red Velvet and will be used in the kitchen.  It is Behr Premiun Plus Ultra paint and it looks frighteningly bright in the can, but I've been assured it will darken to the color it's supposed to be after it dries on the wall.  I'm still nervous! I previously painted the kitchen a pumpkin color, but never really liked it. 

The blue is called Healing Waters (for LittleBigMan's bedroom) and the tan is called Aviary Nest (for the newly enclosed guest bedroom).  The blue and tan are The Freshaire Choice paints... they have no VOC's whatsoever and are great to work with so far. 

As of right now, I have trimmed out the guest bedroom in the new color and it's ready to be rolled tomorrow.  After the drywall finishing experience, I am actually happy to be painting.  AND... we are scheduled to have our new carpet installed next Wednesday and Thursday.  Aside from future tile laying in the bathrooms & kitchen, we are nearly done with our Home 2010 Project!!!

No comments: