Saturday, February 20, 2010

22 months old

Our LittleBigMan is 22 months old today.  We went to the YMCA with one of Troy's co-workers.  A and I swam while Dada played basketball.  We had a great time.  A still loves the water.  I think I'm going to take him to another Baby & Me swim class soon.

LittleBigMan has a lot to say these days.  It feels like I say this all the time, but he is definitely having a language explosion - new words, phrases and small sentences.  Here are the new things he's been saying...

"Did it"
"Isss smowing" (It's snowing)
"Brrr... cold"
"Gra-ma" (Grandma)
"Maggie, shu-up" (Telling the dog to shut up)
"Dada sleeping"
"Swimming...  water"
"Iss good" (in response to being asked if he liked his food)
"Cute"
"Bless you"
"Want some"
Loves to ask about "Pah-kerr" (Parker), "Ka-sey" and "Say-sie" (Sadie)
When asked where Dada is during the day, he says "at wurrrk" (at work)
"Sharkbait" (from Finding Nemo)
"Bre-fass" (Breakfast"
"Co-eee, good girl" (Chloe good girl)

New things he's been doing...
Wants to play "bas-et-ball" with Dada
Helps pick up his toys without too much of a struggle
Loves to play with his cars and says "vroom vroom" and "beep beep"
Tries to help put on his shoes (not very successful at this yet)
Potty training is coming along slowly... he does seem to be becoming more and more aware of when he's going potty.  When we put him on the potty chair, he's very good at pushing and trying to go.
He tries to jump, but doesn't quite get both feet off the ground.
Loves to run (especially away from me when he's in trouble!)
Is sometimes shy around strangers, while other times he turns into a big ham.
He LOVES to build with legos/duplos/mega blocks.
We working on learning colors.  He says everything is green.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

No comments: