Thursday, December 17, 2009

Less consumerism, more Christmas




We try to keep it simple around here concerning gifts. I like to make little scrapbooks and sewn items for gifts. I have simply run out of time to make all of the handmade gifts I'd like to make this year. My goal is for next year to be a totally homemade Christmas! Hopefully LilBigMan will be old enough to help with giftmaking then. I have so many ideas tumbling around in my head of ways to show our son compassion for others this time of year (well, all year actually) and the true meaning of the holiday. Now for the hard part... to turn those ideas into action.

1 comment:

vanna said...

i think it is awesome, it is very hard in these times to not get caught up but we try and do a couple of things that keep us grounded and remind us that this is the season of giving and that means giving of yourself also.