Thursday, September 24, 2009

play WITHOUT purpose

So often, I find myself doing things with definite purpose and plan... and very little spontaneity. Today I decided to take a different approach. Baby A, Maggie, Chloe and I went for a nice leisurely stroll. Normally A rides in the stroller for a walk/hike, but not today. He got to roam around!


I took this photo to remind me of the ever present and ever fleeting sweet moments I have with my son. He held on tightly to my hand as we walked down our steep driveway.

I want to remember the simple moments like these, because soon he won't want or need to hold my hand when we go on walks.

He eventually got tired of walking and enjoyed time riding around in the Beco.

We (mostly I) talked about the trees , rocks and streams we saw. We listened for the water in the stream that weaves around near the road. We touched the leaves and listened to the wind. And A's favorite part... playing with lots of icks (sticks).

We walked to the clubhouse/pond area. He loves the pond and desperately wanted to get into the water. Too cold. Instead we played and laughed and had a good time on dry land. I'm blessed to have a (mostly) easy to please little guy.


My sweet boy


It was so nice to play without purpose... to just enjoy each moment without worrying about the time or responsibilities.

1 comment:

vanna said...

so often we forget to stop and smell the roses, so happy you had a good time!!