Monday, July 20, 2009

4 1/2 hour hike

Troy's cousin and his wife came to visit this past weekend. It was wonderful having them here. We all enjoy the outdoors, so we took a great hike on Sunday. Here are some photos...

Heading out


Near Gog and Magog


Chillin' in the hiking carrier


Enjoying the view


Chloe girl


Pikes Peak


Giant beaver? No, it's their smart dog Riley


View of Garden of the Gods from what Troy calls Flat Rock


Pretty girl


Hanging out on Flat Rock


Group pic


Stream



And, of course, more flowers. I hope I got the names right on these...
(Not sure of the name) Hi, Mr. Grasshopper


Not sure of the name, but beautiful none-the-less


Columbine


Shooting Star


Sego Lily


Another Sego Lily waiting to open?


(Black Eyed Susan?) Must be a favorite of the bumble bees



You may be thinking "enough of the stinkin' flower pics already", but aren't they beautiful? The reason I take them is because I'd like to use some of them for art in our home. We are getting so much wonderful rain this year... and in turn seeing some many beautiful flowers. I'm not sure we'll have many summers like this, so I'm trying to cherish it and capture it in photographs.

No comments: