How has nearly a year gone by since my water broke while leaving Walmart?
... since I anxiously entered the doors of the Lake Charles Family Birth Center?
... since I thought I would "go natural" but ended up asking for the epidural?
... since I first laid eyes upon my sweet little boy?
... since we put his "ninja outfit" (Troy's words) on him and took him home?
The memories are so fresh. I am reminded to cherish each moment... take nothing for granted... and to enjoy each stage of life.
Looking back...
When I was pregnant I kept a journal. I was looking back over it today and laughing at some of the things I wrote. Such as...
4-13-08 "Feeling really well. I feel so good and normal that I seriously doubt I will have a baby anytime soon. As of now - it feels like NOTHING will EVER happen..."
4-14-08 "...My belly is big. It gets lots of attention these days."
Every pregnant woman thinks her belly is big, but mine truly was huge! Here is a pic from 4-18-08 (2 days before I delivered)
%204-2.jpg)
4-16-08 "Wondering when I'm going to have this baby..."
My journal entries sound like I was really desperate to have the baby. In reality I was excited but was pretty content with being pregnant. Even though I was somewhat naive about parenthood, atleast I was smart enough to enjoy all the sleep I was getting before the baby arrived!
1 comment:
i cannot believe how quickly the year has flown by and yes your belly was really big and beautiful!!!
Post a Comment