
He weighed in at a whopping 9 lb. 12 oz. and measured 21 1/4" long.
The story (the short version)...
Just before 1 a.m. my labor began. It was rather sudden... contractions less than 5 minutes apart. Things were happening just like when I was in labor with Z. I woke Troy up at 1 a.m. and asked him to call my midwife. She lives nearby and knowing my history came over right away. She arrived and got all of her supplies ready. Troy filled the birth tub. Labor went well and soon it was time to push. About an hour and half after it all began, we welcomed our third son into the world!
The boys slept through it all, so they were quite surprised and excited to meet their brother when they woke up. Biggest Bro was smiling ear to ear and decided he LOVES the baby's soft hair. Z just kept laughing at how his baby bro can't talk yet. We all cuddled for a bit and talked about our new baby.
Later that day, my family stopped by.
November 28th - Happy Thanksgiving from our little butterball

Proud Papa
November 29th - Fast asleep

November 30th - Check out those chubby cheeks!

Aunt Rileigh stopped by
Big brothers returned from spending a few nights at Grandpa & Grandma Rhonda's house. They were happy to get to hold their baby brother.
December 1st -warm and cozy

Z and Baby Ro checking each other out

Grandma GG came over to meet her newest grandson
December 2nd - It has been so nice to get to take it easy and bond with Baby Ro. Troy and the boys have taken such good care of me and baby! The weather was beautiful so we decided to go on our first family outing. I really enjoyed getting some fresh air & sunshine! We went to one of our favorite parks. I sat on a bench snuggling baby while Troy & the boys played. Beautiful weather, content baby, lots of laughter... I am so blessed.
The boys had so much fun with daddy!
December 3rd - Looking around! We can't wait to see what color his eyes will be. For now they are just a dark gray.
Checking each other out
Baby Ro is now 1 week old. So far, he is an easy to please baby. He doesn't cry often... mostly at diaper changes. He sleeps pretty well at night for a newborn - usually waking just 2-4 times for a quick diaper change and for milk. He is nursing well. Each day he has a few periods of awake time and is content to look around and have us talk to him. We are glad we didn't buy many newborn sized clothes because they just barely fit. It will be fun to watch him grow, but for now I am happy to snuggle my little baby (and my big boys) without worrying about anything else.
"The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep."
for children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep."
excerpt from Song For a Fith Child, by Ruth Hamilton. 1958
No comments:
Post a Comment