Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Waiting...


A photo just for fun... Baby A and me taken a few days ago.

Waiting for...
Tomorrow... My cousin will be induced to have her baby! It feels like the last 39 weeks have just flown by. I can't wait to meet the yet to be named little girl. If she is even half as cute as her big brother, her daddy is going to have a hard time saying no to her.

And also waiting for...
Paper work to come in the mail. At A's last well baby checkup we found that his weight and height haven't changed much in the last 3 months. Since he was always large for his age but now is small for his age the pediatric nurse was a little concerned. She said that from looking at him she is not at all worried. However, his numbers (especially height) look a little off. She is sending us paperwork to have some blood work done to make sure that he does not have a growth hormone deficiency. I am really praying that he does not, because treatment typically involves daily injections of synthetic hormones for many years. Not only am I leery of synthetic hormones, but it is quite costly. I do not feel terribly concerned about this... but as a mother... well, if you're a mother you know. It's so easy to worry. I do know that from looking at my baby book, I was only 26" tall (2" shorter than Baby A... quite short even for a girl at 12 months old)... so I'm hoping that he is just short and stubby for now but will grown normally as he gets older. Prayers for good health for A are always welcome!

Side note... since Baby A is a year old I guess I'll have to start referring to him as something else on my blog soon. Any suggestions?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: